
While Rita is travelling in the warm summer sun of Chile and South America, I took off for Vienna for a week-long work trip.
It was anything but summer in Austria, but the snow was a fitting backdrop for this beautiful European city. For the first time in my life I wore a wool sweater, wool coat, hat, scarf, and gloves for 5 days straight! This photo is a picture of a pedestrian shopping district in the RingStrasse (inner city ring).

After a a long week of work, I unwound Friday night at Figlmuller, a viennesse restaurant claiming to have the largest Wiener schnitzel in the world. Considering I couldn't even see my plate, I have to agree. It was delicious! Just a little squeeze of lemon and a glass of wine to compliment. Suprisingly, there was really good Asian food including Japanese and Sushi in the city, as well as some great Italian.
Saturday I started off the day with a visit to the Applied Arts Museum, or the MAK. I didn't realize camera's weren't allowed until after taking a picture of the interior, and being told 'Nein photos'! There was a great display of architectural hand models, including 2 models by Frank Gehry, and 1 by Daniel Liebskin. Furniture building goes hand-in-hand with architecture, and there was a great display of chairs built over the last several centuries. I couldn't help myself and snuck another picture!

No comments:
Post a Comment