Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ode to La Mar

Paige, Molly and I went out to Las Condes this past Sunday for a little girls 'brunch' at La Mar, a Peruvian restaurant recommended by Paige's friend Roberto. I have decided to take a page out of Pablo Neruda's book and write an Ode to La Mar.

Oh wonderful La Mar, how far you are
yet how wonderful you are
making delicious causas, cerviches, and 'paella'
for me to eat with my friends
most expensive meal thus far
but the best meal in santiago

ok, I never said I was a poet. Sorry Pable Neruda...I have disgraced you. The restaurant is super trendy and looks to me is where the 'upper' class of Santiago dines. And of course, the tourists :)

Here are some pictures of the deliciousness:

Causas (little balls of mashed potato filled with various toppings)


Cerviche (3 different kinds)


Fried seafood rice (looks and tastes more like paella to me)

No comments:

Post a Comment