Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I want to put a penguin in my pocket




Today is the day we saw penguins. Hundreds of thousands of Magellanic Penguins in Magdalena Island (just waiting for me to take one home...ha!). We took the boat to the island, about 2 hrs. Relatively calm on the way out, saw some penguins swimming in the ocean which I first mistaken it for seals...then I saw their beaks so I thought they must be those sea diving ducks. NOT so smart here but I digress...

When we arrived at the island, I could not believe my eyes!!! The guide books aren't lying when they say the whole island is covered with penguins. IT IS AMAZING!!!! They are so adorable and not really afraid of people. Groups of them would walk across the pathway in their cute wobbly movement. I tried to touch one...and it tried to attack my friend Megan (definitely not afriad of people). Sorry Megan! I got to see baby ones, old ones, middle aged ones, and ones that are obviously way too fat for their own good. It is really neat to see them in their habitat, chilling in their holes that they dug up and generally ignoring people. I even saw some couple penguins snuggling together and cleaning each other, SO CUTE! There was also a lot of seagulls there too, I was afriad I'd get shat on. Luckily, I made it out clean.

It was one of the best days of my life. Penguins...I want to put you in my pocket.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous...yay! If you steal one, get one for me too. :)

    ReplyDelete