After a nice trip to Chiloe and Puerto Varas, we boarded our ferry, Evangelista, for our travel southward toward Puerto Natales. (man they sure like to have lots of puertos in the city names). Our cabin was tiny...when I first saw it with our luggages in it, I didn't think we'd be able to fit in there at the same time. Once we put the luggages away in the nice little cubbies, we got room to groove. kind of. The bunk beds are nice, though you really got to watch your head. I hit the back of my head pretty hard getting back to bed one night. The sound of head connecting with wood was so loud that I woke my friends up. If I seem dumber in the rest of my blogs, thats the reason why.
The food on board was surprisingly decent and so was the bathroom facilities. The showering was interesting. There was this knob thing that you had to keep pushing in order to keep the water running. Part of the water conservation effort I think. Definitely makes showering an arm work out and an entertainment.
We pretty much lazed about the days playing cards with each other. Picked up a cute British boy traveling by himself who taught us the game, shithead. Pretty fun. Megan also taught me how to play spite and malice. We were also alerted to go on to the front of the boat deck occasionally to see the boat 'manuver' through a narrow channel. Usually pretty boring and cold. Though we did see some sea lions swimming around, clouds, mountains, and a ship that got stuck on a rock years ago. We stopped and got off the boat in Puerto Eden. Not much to see but good to stretch our legs. We also got to see Glacier Pio XI. It was HUGE!! and I was freezing. The weather had turned bad so the pictures didn't turn out well but you can still see the blue in the glacier. So amazing.
After the disasterous bingo night they hosted for us. Disasterous because I DID NOT win and I had to go dance in front of everyone with Paige and Megan (who had won). We arrived in Puerto Natales to a clear, beautiful day. Thanks to my motion sickness patch, I remained sea sick free! Can't say the same about half the boat though. HA!
Next up...Torres Del Paine.
No comments:
Post a Comment